Monday 11 July 2011

Somthing other than a card

Evening, Sorry I've not posted anything for a little while. Just been busy. The twins over the road are going on a night out and turned up on my door step yesterday, wanting cave girl costumes making ... ekkkkkkkkkkk not just 1 but 2 costumes  to make.
My sewing not great but I can get by. Would help if they stopped changing there minds tho, of how they want them. Any way never mind. lets get on to showing you something I made for my craft room a little while ago, its my chalk board.
This is my chalk board that I made with a little help from my hubby.
I drew the shape  I wanted and he cut it out for me.
This shows the rubber stamp  I used.

I was going for the distress look with the paint
So I painted  it  with gray then painted over with an antique cream emulsion,
sanded the edges to give the worn look.
After a few months the paint cracked and gave the of look of crackle paint this
 may have been because I
 mixed in water to the paint to make it go further as I only bought the sample pot and not a big tin of paint. But I love the look even tho it happened by mistake.
The rubber stamped image was just stamped in black memento ink
The little shelf is so handy for storage as are the little knobs I added at a later date to hang things from.

Right one costume made and one more to go best get it made before she changes her mind how she wants it again...lol
Once I get these costumes sorted I can get on with some things I want to make.

Thank you for stopping by
TTFN
Klare :O) x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...